Pissed Off & Questioning So Much

 I used to be so proud to be an American and so proud to be a Texan. Right now, I am questioning how proud I am of any of it. As many of you know, Roe V Wade was overturned by a Supreme Court decision yesterday, June 24, 2022. I have so many feelings about this right now.

First, it makes me question what Bible "Christians" are reading and it makes me wonder how comfortable I am associating myself with and calling myself a Christian. See, the Jesus in the Bible loved everyone. Sure, he was quick to point out when you were not following God's law but he did it with love, understanding and compassion. The Bible goes on to tell us that one sin is not greater than another sin because all sin, even sin in the mind that was never acted out, it's all sin and yet, we, people, go around saying how one sin is greater than another. The Bible is full of contradictions and was written in a time when women had no rights but times have changed and Jesus, the Jesus from the Bible, he loved women. Simply look at the relationship he had with Mary Magdalene. 

The Bible does not take a stand on abortion. In fact, in Genesis 2:7 life begins with breath. A fetus has not taken a breath and therefore is not LIVING until it does. In addition, so many use the 6th Commandment of thou shall not kill but you are not alive until you take life breath so it is not murder. As a mother, this next part is hard for me to say but it's the truth. If anything, a fetus is more like a parasite living in and depending on its host for everything in order to grow but until life can sustain itself outside the womb, it is truly not a life.

As a woman, we have had to fight for every right we have in this country. Many have except for white men. I am sick of having to defend my rights to freedoms I am entitled to for being an America simply because I was born with a vagina. There are so many men I can out think and out work. It sickens me for my daughters and my granddaughters to have less rights than a corpse. 

As a nurse, it disgusts me. Abortion will never go away! It will never go away! Instead, you will find back alley abortions being done is secret places all over this country. Women will die, women will go to prison and women's mental health will suffer. As I embark on RN school, I have toyed with Women's Health but with this decision, I cannot go into Women's Health at all because women's health has been violated. People already had a bad taste about nurses in the pandemic, people had issues with trusting the healthcare community, well, except white men, and now this. 

As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, it disgusts me further. What if sometime between 8 years old and 12, I would have become impregnated by my abuser? My mother would have raised the child of her daughter, fathered by her husband? And that's not going to affect anyone's mental health, right? I can't imagine how many people will stop telling now. 1 in 4 is already the REPORTED statistic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Why Are You Still Here?